Transfer students with a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. Funded by a $1M award from the National Science Foundation, this scholarship can provide up to $9,000 per year for selected students. Students join the successful SIU Leadership Development Program (LDP) upon selection. The training program and scholarship will last about five semesters, typically the time needed for transfer students to complete their degree program. Many students appreciate the leadership culture of the program along with the lifelong friendships and prime job opportunities.
PATHWAYS TO STEM LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS
- Opportunity for transfer students interested in a bachelor’s degree offered from one of SIU’s STEM majors and learning leadership skills.
- Develop leadership skills through SIU’s LDP.
- Scholarships are up to $10,000 per year, per student, based upon financial need.
- Anticipate awarding 20 scholarships each year.
- Students who have the desire and drive to become a leader.
- Community college graduates with either an A.A.S. or A.S. degree, transferring to SIU.
- Enrolled in one of the STEM college majors listed here
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA required.
- Documented US Citizens.
- Minority students, women, students with disabilities, and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be admitted to the university with a completed FAFSA received by March 1st, 2020.