Attention Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) majors transferring to SIU: The National Science Foundation has awarded SIU $1M to expand its successful Leadership Development Program into all four of its STEM colleges. The Leadership Development Program (LDP) at SIU is one of the most successful programs of its kind in the US.
PATHWAYS TO STEM LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS
The training program and scholarship will last about five semesters, typically the time needed for transfer students to complete their degree. Students will be immersed in a leadership culture of their peers who strive to develop their leadership skills and attain excellence. Students have remarked that one of the biggest benefits of the LDP is the high-quality lifelong friendships they make in the program and the amazing job opportunities.
- Opportunity for transfer students interested in a bachelor’s degree offered from one of SIU’s STEM majors and learning leadership skills. (Click here for the list of specific majors).
- Develop leadership skills through SIU’s LDP.
- Scholarships are up to $9,000 per year, per student, based upon financial need.
- Anticipate awarding 20 scholarships each year.
- Students who have the desire and drive to become a leader.
- Community college graduates with either an A.A.S. or A.S. degree, transferring to SIU.
- Enrolled in one of the STEM college majors listed here
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA required.
- Documented US Citizens.
- Minority students, women, students with disabilities, and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be admitted to the university with a completed FAFSA received by March 1st, 2018.